Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting solution applies to storing and/or sharing certain web content on a server run by a web hosting company. There are various sorts of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's explore them. In that way, you can decide what you need, based on whether you wish to launch a blog, email addresses, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by certain providers, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans are often supported by exhibiting advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular amount of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incorrect interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allocate the workload between separate hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various web site hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a sort of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain corporations provide a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is appropriate if you wish to share a large number of images with mates or partners since the solution is typically free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to managing your mail accounts. Some firms offer web hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you desire to get an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can open mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video produces a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a hard time with your webspace hosting resources. Embedding the video file will permit you to keep as many videos as you want to without bothering about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to possess a site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and email box accounts, upload videos, etc. At RE2 Technology Consultants, for example, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that enable you to get all of the aforesaid services in one location. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the common email/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for particular web content only.